Laser welding technology:
1) Board to board welding
Including butt welding, end welding, center penetration welding and center penetration welding.
2) Wire-to-wire welding
Including line-to-line butt welding, cross welding, parallel lap welding and T-shaped welding.
3) Welding of wires and block components
Laser welding can be used to successfully connect wires to block components, which can be of any size. When welding, attention should be paid to the geometric dimensions of the wire elements.
4) Welding of different metals
To weld various types of metals, their weldability and weldability parameter ranges need to be determined.
It is important to note that laser welding can only be performed between certain material combinations.
While laser brazing may not be suitable for joining certain components, the laser can be used as a heat source for soldering and soldering, which also provides the advantages of laser welding.
There are several welding methods to choose from, with laser welding primarily used for printed circuit board (PCB) welding, especially in wafer assembly technology.
Advantages of laser welding:
1. Localized heating reduces the risk of thermal damage to components and creates a small heat-affected zone, allowing welding near hot components.
2. Non-contact heating can melt bandwidth without auxiliary tools. This allows the double-sided PCB to be processed after the double-sided components are installed.
3. The stability of repeated operations, coupled with minimal contamination of welding tools by flux, makes laser brazing a favorable choice. In addition, the laser irradiation time and output power are easy to control, and the laser brazing yield is high.
4. Laser beams can be easily separated using optical elements such as semi-mirrors, mirrors, prisms and scanning mirrors. This allows for simultaneous symmetrical welding at multiple points.
5. Laser brazing mainly uses laser with a wavelength of 1.06um as the heat source, which can be transmitted through optical fiber. This enables the processing of parts that are difficult to weld by traditional methods, providing greater flexibility.
6. The laser beam has good focus and it is easy to automate multi-station equipment.